Santa Rosa, CA (October 12, 2018) — EMG Pickups, known for its innovation in active pickup technology announces two new passive prewired Stratocaster pickguards, the ST-54 and ST-65. The two systems come in both vintage & classic styles and are the newest passive additions to EMG’s SRO Series. Both Feature EMG’s solderless technology and are drop in ready for a seamless install.
The EMG ST-54 pickguard is loaded with pickups featuring Alnico 2 magnets for an alternative to classic Strat tone. Benefits of the ST-54 include:
- Alnico 2 magnets that provide a warmer and fatter low frequency response
- A more pronounced mid-range for a smoother flow from the lows to mids
- A lower resonance, but a higher Q resulting in a sharper high end
- A different feel and attack than traditional Strat pickups
- Half the magnetism of a typical Alnico 5 magnet giving the Strat player a nice “squish”
The ST-65 pickguard is loaded with pickups featuring Alnico 5 magnets for a classic Strat tone. The ST-65 offers the following features:
- A magnetism of 1,000 Gauss giving the pickup a much more direct attack.
- The low frequency response has a brightness to it that is carried through the mid-range
- Alnico 5 results in a higher resonant frequency for a bright & clear response typical of Stratocaster pickups.
- Overall more classic Stratocaster tone
Both the Alnico 2 & Alnico 5 pickups are built in the traditional fashion with original style construction but feature a two pin connector for easy installation & tinkering.
Made in California, both passive systems are on a three ply, 11 hole pickguard with a 5 position switch, master volume and tone controls on the neck and middle positions. The pickguards are available in black on black or white on white, giving them a classic and clean look that matches their tone.
Watch the ST-54 video demo:
Watch the ST-65 video demo:
For more information: